South Side neighborhood Hyde Park will soon rival the North Side's Museum Campus (Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium) with its own system of museums.
The Chicago Tribune reports that representatives from various South Side institutions are expected to reveal plans for Museum Campus South this week. The museums will be connected through a central website (museumcampussouth.com) and a free weekend shuttle service beginning in August.
The museums to be included are:
- The Museum of Science and Industry (57th Street and Lake Shore Drive)
- The DuSable Museum of African American History (740 E. 56th Place)
- Oriental Institute Museum (1155 E. 58th St.)
- Frederick C. Robie House (5757 S. Woodlawn)
- Smart Museum of Art (5550 S. Greenwood Ave.)
- Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts (915 E. 60th St.0
- The Renaissance Society (5811 S. Ellis Ave.)
Photo: Getty Images
Posted July 24th, 2014 @ 10:46am