The welcoming sights of the winter season serve as the best incentive to enjoy the tradition of ice skating in Chicago. What better way to keep warm under the gelid temperatures than swiveling around an ice rink while sharing laughs and building memories.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park is open to the public until March 9th. The admission is free and skates are available for a rental fee.
There are seven parks offering ice skating through February 23rd. General admission has a cost but children and students can skate for free. The Chicago Park District is giving the option to participate in activities at the ice rinks such as hockey classes, games and skating lessons.
Check out below the list of parks with ice rinks:
• McFetridge Sports Center, 3843 N. California Ave.
• McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Rd.
• Midway Plaisance Park, 1130 Midway Plaisance North
• Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.
• Riis Park, 6100 W. Fullerton Ave.
• Rowan Park, 11546 S. Avenue L
• Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave.