OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Contest Name: 107.5 WGCI Music Summit Dream Act Performance (the “Contest”)
Station: WGCI-FM, 107.5 WGCI (the “Station”)
Station Address: 233 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (312) 540-2000
This Contest is sponsored solely by iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Contest Rules, please visit the office of the Station during normal business hours or send your request by mail at iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. at 233 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 2800 Chicago, IL 60601.
ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to individuals who (i) are legal U.S. residents of the state of Illinois and who reside within one of the following counties: Cook, Lake, DuPage, Will, Kane, Porter, McHenry, Kendall, Grundy, Kankakee; and (ii) who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.
This is an amateur competition. An entrant is considered an amateur if he or she is not, or has never been contracted as a performer with a Record Label. By registering as an entrant (“Entrant”), you agree to be bound by these rules in all respects.
If you are not a legal resident of the United States, do not reside in the state of Michigan and in one of the counties listed above, or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to enter this Contest or to win a prize. Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, the Station, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service (collectively, the “Contest Entities”); individuals employed by any other radio and televisions station; and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win the prize.
Any person who has won a prize (or whose household has won a prize) in any promotion sponsored by Sponsor in the thirty (30) days prior to this Contest start date is not eligible to win a prize in this Contest.
Void outside the state of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana (and counties listed above) and where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING: The Contest begins on October 11, 2019 at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ends at 6:00:00 p.m. CT on, November 12, 2019 (“Contest Period"). The Contest is divided into five (5) entry periods (each an Entry Period”) as indicated below. Entries must be received by the dates listed below (as applicable) to be included in the corresponding Entry Period. The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device.
ENTRY PERIOD 1:
ON-LINE: Start/End Date (12:00:00am ET to 11:59:59pm ET):
October 11, 2019 – November 2, 2018
ENTRY PERIOD 2:
Date: October 12, 2019
Start time: 1:00pm CT
End time: 3:00pm CT
Location: AT&T located at 8658 S. Cottage Grove, Chicago
ENTRY PERIOD 3:
Date: October 19, 2019
Start time: 1:00pm CT
End time: 3:00pm CT
Location: AT&T located at 6232 S. Halsted St. Chicago IL
ENTRY PERIOD 4:
Date: November 26, 2019
Start time: 1:00pm CT
End time: 3:00pm CT
Location: AT&T located at 9505 S. Western Ave., Chicago
ENTRY PERIOD 5:
Date: November 4, 2019
Start time: 1:00pm CT
End time: 3:00pm CT
Location: AT&T located at 425 N. Harlem Ave Oak Park IL
Submission Period: October 12, 2019 at 12:00:00a.m. ET and ends November 2, 2019 at 11:59:59pm ET
First Round Judging Period: November 4, 2019 – November 5, 2019
Second Round Judging/Winner Selection: November 9, 2018
DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST/HOW TO ENTER.
On-Site Registration Entry: During each Entry Period, visit participating AT&T locations and look for Contest related advertising materials. Then, register by completing the official Contest entry form with all the requested information including original song to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. All entries must be received by 3:00pm CT on November 2, 2018. Limit: one (1) entry per person/email address. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES: All entries submitted must comply with the following guidelines.
SUBMISSION CRITERIA: Entry submissions must be made by submitting an mp3 featuring an original song. The Sponsor will not take submissions from a 3rd party. Proof of ownership may be required by contest judges. Contest submissions must be submitted and received before the registration deadline.
Entry submission should be a recording of the Band performing an original song and cannot include a cover or derivative material of any kind.
Submission video MUST be an original song.
No pre-recorded or edited audio is allowed.
Song shall include vocals and may not exceed five (5) minutes.
Song must be completely ORIGINAL and cannot include cover or derivative material of any kind.
Must not be obligated to or bound by any sort of recording contracts or agreements with a record label.
Must provide their own equipment at any of the competitions listed below.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor for online entries. When applicable, the Sponsor’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest. Entries will be disqualified if incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries in excess of the states limit are received. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Contest Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Contest that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
2. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT REQUIREMENTS.
As used herein, “Content” includes and refers to all information, content, and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to your submission).
By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that such Content: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) has not been copied from other, (e) does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity (including such individual’s and/or entity’s copyrights, trademarks rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property), (f) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or name is used in the Content, and (g) and that publication of the Content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties (as defined herein) from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Content includes names or likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Content, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. The Content submitted shall be 100% owned and controlled by the entrant. The Content shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose writings, quotes, or ideas are embodied in the Content, or any person rendering services in connection with the Content. The Content shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove or void any Content that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules, in its sole and absolute discretion.
By submitting Content you agree that your Content disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and made without restriction, will not place the Sponsor or Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Sponsor is free to use and otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, the Sponsor and the Contest Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or Contest Entities, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. In consideration for your participation in this Contest and for the opportunity to win a prize hereunder, you hereby grant the Sponsor, the Contest Entities, and another authorized on their behalf, an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, publically perform, transmit, have distributed, prepare derivative works of, and promote such Content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose and without consideration to the entrant.
All Content submitted must confirm to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
By accepting a prize, the winner(s) agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
3. FIRST ROUND OF JUDGING – Finalist Selection: November 4, 2019 – November 5, 2019
The Sponsor will select a panel of judges who will select Four (4) finalists from among all eligible entries received during the Submission Period. The panel of judges will determine the Four (4) finalists (hereinafter “Finalists”) using the judging criteria listed below to advance to the final round of judging. ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES AND SPONSOR REGARDING THE FINALISTS AND IN REGARD TO ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ELIGIBILITY) SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
Lyrics, 40 %
Finalist will NOT receive a prize for being selected as a Finalist.
Each Finalist must be available to attend, participate in, and be eligible for the Final Showcase Judging held on November 9, 2018 from 11:00 am CST to 4:00 am CST at The Harold Washington Cultural Center (located at 4701 S Martin Luther King Dr., Chicago, IL 60653). All costs associated with attending the Final Showcase Judging, including, but not limited to any transportation to/from the event are the sole responsibility of each Finalist. The Sponsor reserves, at its sole discretion, the right to choose an alternate Finalist in the event that that a Finalist has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible for any reason.
The potential finalist will be notified by phone at the phone number provided during registration and by e-mail at the e-mail address provider during registration. THE SPONSOR WILL CALL THE POTENTIAL FINALIST. THE POTENTIAL FINALIST MUST RETURN THE CALL WITHIN One (1) BUSINESS DAYS OR WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND SPONSOR WILL RANDOMLY SELECT THE NEXT POTENTIAL FINALIST, WHO WILL ALSO BE NOTIFIED IN THE SAME METHOD. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call and sending an e-mail. The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential finalist(s). If, the potential finalist does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited.
FINAL JUDGING SHOWCASE: Only verified and qualified Finalists may participate in the Final Judging Showcase. A total of up to Four (4) Finalists will participate in the Final Judging Showcase. Upon arrival to the Event, and no later than 10:00:00 am CST, all Finalists will be required to check in with Station representatives and register to be eligible to participate in the Event. If, for any reason, any Finalist does not arrive to the Event and check in and register before 10:00:00 am CST, such Finalist may be deemed ineligible and may be disqualified, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Finalist must be present to win, no stand-ins or substitutions will be permitted. Time of the Grand Prize event is subject to change.
Entrants agree that all decisions made by the Sponsor and judges relating to any and all issues related to this Contest are final and binding. Each entrant will perform for the panel of judges up to One (1) songs or for Five (5) minutes depending on song length. At the conclusion of all the performances, the Finalist with the absolute highest score will be determined the winner. The Sponsor and designated panel of judges will determine the prize winner using the equally weighted judging criteria listed below. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will add and average the scores from the Finalist Judging Period and the Final Showcase Judging Period to determine winning Band. ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL. The winner will be announced on November 9, 2019.
Lyrics 40%, Vocals 40%, and Beats 20%Potential Sweepstakes winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If an entrant is unable to verify his/her information, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that that any winner is disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Sweepstakes events.
The potential winner will be notified in person on November 9, 2018 at the conclusion of the Contest. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited.
As a condition of participating in the Contest, entrants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize and be deemed a winner, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsor and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions. If eligible entrants include minors, a parent or guardian of such eligible minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. The potential prize winner and, if a potential prize winner who is an eligible minor in his/her state of residence, the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four hours after the first delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and, in such event, the Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and discretion.4.
One (1) Grand Prize: A Single Recording Deal with ATS/Hitco Chicago and a Trip To L.A. for Music business Meeting With Empire Records
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1500
Second Place: Development Deal with 300 Entertainment
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1500
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment Sponsor. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
All prizes provided by: iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any delay, cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Sponsor’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value or alternatively may substitute such prize with a comparable prize (or prize component) of like per the Sponsor’s discretion, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein should become unavailable. The winner and guests agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with the concert and/or other Contest prize events. Sponsor and the applicable venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner (and his/her guest) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the concert and/or other Contest prize event or in any other objectionable behavior. If, after a prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, concert is cancelled, such portions of the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to winner. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving any prize when winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Contest; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Contest, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Contest and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Contest, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Contest, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Contest or the rules of the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Contest and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Official Rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. In the event of termination of the Contest by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor and Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
8. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Contest Entities and any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Contest, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to the Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor or Station shall mean in Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "sole and unfettered discretion." The Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate the Contest if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated, Sponsor will award the prize(s) in a manner to be determined by Sponsor from all eligible entries received prior to termination. If applicable material changes to the Contest rules will be broadcast on-air and available on-line at the Station’s website, when practical. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sponsor Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. As a condition of participating in the Contest, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of San Antonio.