If You Need Food
- Food pantries are available: With some exceptions, our network of 700 partner agencies and programs remains open. Find a food program here. We recommend calling before you goto confirm program hours and requirements.
- Food assistance is an essential service. The Food Depository and community partners throughout our networkwill stay openduring the Illinois ‘Stay-at-Home’ order.
- School meals: Many schools are providing take-home meals that families can pick up. Some schools are providing curbside pick up to support social distancing. Some schools are providing several days’ worth of meals. Call your child’s school or visit the Chicago Public Schools website for more information.
- Public benefits: Our Benefits Outreach team can help you apply for SNAP and Medicaid and make referrals for other public benefits. Call our hotline at 773-843-5416 for a free confidential interview. The hotline is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m – 5 pm. Use the hotline and online resources instead of visiting DHS offices and help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- We are in touch with other local partners preparing to meet the need for additional responses as needed. We’ll share more details as they become available.